Nigeria Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS). This is an annual program that creates a platform for Nigerian youths from the six (6) geo political zones of Nigeria who are IT neophytes and gurus, associated with the intriguing world of Information Communication Technology to compete and test their technical skills. NITTEX is a program targeted towards enlightening, empowering and exposing Nigerian youths and their talent to a community of IT experts and users with the singular aim of stimulating the ‘can-do’ spirit that will drive the Nigerian economy.
This year programme is titled: “Tackling Real World Challenges through Software Technology”.
Aim and Objectives of the Summit:
- Provide and promote an independent national forum for the software and service companies and students in Nigeria to interact, exchange information, share knowledge and address issues of common interest in information technology generally and the software industry in particular.
- Create a forum where student can market themselves and their software they have developed to companies present at the summit.
- To establish software development club in all institution in the country represent at the summit. This will help to foster software development among student all over the country.
- Paper Presentation
- Booth Camp
- Practical Session
- Software Exhibition
- Code Debugging Contest
- Programming Contest
- Software Innovation Competition
- Female Programmer of the Year
- Site Seeing
- Dinner & Award Night
- Inter-quiz competition for secondary school within Akwa-Ibom State
- Professor David Adewumi FNCS – President, Nigeria Computer Society
- Professor Adesola Aderounmu FNCS – Director, Centre of Excellence in Software Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife Osun State
- Professor Obeten Ekabua – South Africa
- Mr. Chris Uwaje FNCS – Former President, ISPON
- Mr. Pius Okigbo FNCS – President, ISPON
- Dr. Moses Ekpenyong – HOD Computer Science Dept., UNIUYO
- Dr. Patience C. Bassey – Special Duty Officer, NIWIIT
April 17, 2015
April 17, 2015
Mode of Payment:
Payment should be made into any of the following bank accounts:
Account Name: Nigeria Association of Computer Science Students
Access Bank: 0694021536
Diamond Bank: 0058921548
Support the Software Summit:
The Software Summit is about the future of Nigeria. Organizations committed to creating a better future for Nigeria are enjoined to support this noble initiative of NACOSS.
“Sponsoring National software summit for all information technology students is not only a social responsibility but a unique opportunity for your organization to support and impact on the development of information and communication technology in Nigeria while seizing the opportunity to promote your business.”
Chairman, LOC 07036474864
DOS National, 08134518839
National President, 08061329652
The theme is “PROmoting LOcal Content SOFTware” PROLOCSOFT 2015. Venue: University of Uyo
Date: 22 – 24 April 2015.